Posted By Seamus Barton
5 Benefits of Using Direct Mail Advertising in Toronto and Everywhere Else!
Yvonne Lyons’ recent article “Direct Marketing Lives: 5 Reasons to Make It a Content Marketing Tactic
” is a perfect testament to the power of direct mail.
Featured on Right Source Marketing’s website, Lyons’ article delves into the winning features of direct mail solutions. Here in the GTA, there are more direct mail service providers and commercial printers than anywhere else in the country. This leads to the realization that we live in a marketing-heavy metropolis where people are saturated by thousands of advertisements every day.
With this in mind, what do companies need to do to get their brands embedded in the memories and loyalties of consumers?
Using the 5 facts below, Lyons praises direct mail marketing as that special something
1. Print is unique. You can play around with colours, textures, dimensions, folds, etc. to produce a meaningful direct mail piece that recipients will remember, keep and engage with.
2. It’s easily targeted. Marketing seeks to reach lifestyles that are relevant to the advertiser. Postal data that uses census information provides the ideal opportunity for targeting specific lifestyles. Canada Post, for example, can provide tailored lists as well as direct mail reports for demographics within neighbourhoods.
3. You can track it. Include a coupon code or personalized tracking number on your direct mail pieces to monitor response and test the strength of your offers.
4. Direct mail can integrate with digital. Using campaign-specific URL’s and QR codes in your direct mailing projects maximizes the story of your campaign–and grabs attention.
5. It can outperform email. According to the DMA Response Report, direct mail has a 3.7% response rate with house lists, and a 1% response rate with prospect lists. When all digital platforms are combined, the digital orbit only pulls in a 0.62% response rate.
To add mail marketing into your marketing mix, please call our Toronto direct mailing house at 1-866-486-0423
. Troi spells success, one letter at a time!
About: Seamus Barton
Seamus Barton joined Troi Mailing Services in 2014 after graduating from York University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Professional Writing. As a manager of print and direct mail solutions, he sees how words play an important role in personalizing any experience. Seamus’ passion for writing motivates him to provide frequent direct marketing content that supports each Client’s individual needs. Please chat with Seamus about commercial printing and direct mailing campaigns, or about how to marry digital and physical strategies for optimal Smartmail Marketing success.
You can connect with Seamus on LinkedIn or by calling Troi Mailing Services at 1-866-486-0423 or via email at email@example.com. Read his latest article featured in Direct Marketing Magazine on “Dimensional Mail: Marketing’s Buffet Lobster“