Posted By Seamus Barton
Why Direct Mail Is So Successful Within the Healthcare IndustryAs with any other industry, hospitals and other healthcare facilities need to craft creative and cost-effective marketing campaigns to raise brand awareness and make money. But considering the nature of the industry, marketers in healthcare also need to portray a positive sentiment that enhances their credibility and trustworthiness in the eyes of their communities.
Direct mail marketing is a tactile, personal, and proven form of advertising that is suitable for the healthcare industry for a number of reasons, including:
- It is personalHealthcare and direct mail are both highly personal, which makes them a great match. Direct mail marketing creates a one-to-one communication between you and the consumer, while healthcare providers also interact with their patient using the same approach. The fact that your direct mail piece can be tailored to the recipients allows you to reach your target on a personal level, which is hard to match with other forms of marketing. Get an updated list from your list provider and send out direct mail pieces such as personal success stories or testimonies from patients (with their consent) of how some of your treatments have changed their lives. Remember to include a call to action, inviting your patients to contact you with their concerns and offering discounts on certain treatments and programs they may be interested in.
- It is highly targetable and interactiveYou can determine the best audience for your message, get their mailing address from Toronto mailers, and tailor each mail piece with highly personalized messaging, graphics, and offers.
- It is measurableDirect mail offers a range of measurable items, from creative elements to offers. You can use this data to improve the effectiveness of subsequent mail pieces.
- It leads to better focus on the messageResearch suggests that the average household receives a couple of direct mail pieces a day compared to dozens or hundreds of emails. This means that your mail piece has a chance of receiving more focus, and if well crafted, being kept for future reference. This ultimately gives your message an extended shelf life and increased chance of initiating contact.
- You can learn more about your customersWith direct mail, you can send a survey or questions printed on a reply card to gain more insight into your customers.