Posted By Seamus Barton
Tips For A High-Volume Direct Mail CampaignConsidering that an estimated 85 per cent of the population checks their mailbox every day, direct mailing can be a truly powerful marketing tool if used the right way. This means partnering with a high volume direct mail company as opposed to shopping your direct mail campaigns to different mail and print shops every time you come up with a marketing initiative.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your direct mail campaign has good ROI:
- Identify your mailing listAn obvious component of direct mailing is a list of names and addresses of clients and prospects. While there are numerous vertical lists available for purchase, it is important to find out the types of offers you can make with each list, as well as the restrictions, to avoid penalties for non-compliance.
- Test and learnTo be successful in direct mailing, you must continuously test and learn different elements, including:
- Market segments – When you purchase a mailing list, it does not necessarily have sufficient data to help with market segmentation. So, you should identify segments of your mailing lists that perform better than others based on your offers.
- Offers – Test different offers to see what gets people in different segments more excited and likely to respond. For instance, you can find out whether a discount increases the sales volume sufficiently to offset the reduced profit margin. If not, try another offer and analyse.
- Creatives – Continue developing new marketing strategies and comparing them to your current champion since the performance of a good tactic can degrade with time.
- Cadence – You should have response models to help you analyse the response from a particular mail-drop strategy, so you can know how long to wait before mailing again.
- Analyse your resultsTo continuously build on your tests, you must analyse the results carefully. You must comprehend all the economics of the tests: whether the high response rate corresponds to the close rate and the amount made from each sale.
- Roll out your plan in moderationAfter identifying your most profitable segment, you should roll out the mail strategically with increasing volume. For instance, you can start with 10,000 pieces of mail and increase gradually to cushion yourself from unforeseen metrics.
About: Seamus Barton
Seamus Barton joined Troi Mailing Services in 2014 after graduating from York University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Professional Writing. As a manager of print and direct mail solutions, he sees how words play an important role in personalizing any experience. Seamus’ passion for writing motivates him to provide frequent direct marketing content that supports each Client’s individual needs. Please chat with Seamus about commercial printing and direct mailing campaigns, or about how to marry digital and physical strategies for optimal Smartmail Marketing success.
You can connect with Seamus on LinkedIn or by calling Troi Mailing Services at 1-866-486-0423 or via email at email@example.com. Read his latest article featured in Direct Marketing Magazine on “Dimensional Mail: Marketing’s Buffet Lobster“
- Direct Mail Campaign
- Direct Mail Flyer
- Direct Mail Marketing
- Direct Mailing
- Direct Marketing
- Drone Delivery
- Email Marketing
- Fulfillment Services
- General Category
- Graphic Design Trends
- Industry & Culture
- Magazine Marketing
- Mail Campaign
- Mailing Service
- Mortgage Companies
- Omnichannel Marketing
- Postcard Marketing
- Presentation Folder
- Print Campaign
- Restaurant Marketing
- Variable Imaging
Leave a Comment