Posted By Seamus Barton
Direct Mail in the Age of Ad Fraud and Fake News
With an increase in the number of phishing attacks, spam, fake ads, troll farms, bots, and other variations of ad fraud, advertisers, agencies, and publishers continue to suffer losses. Meanwhile, the target audience is finding it hard to distinguish between real content and spam, causing them to shy away from digital ads in an effort to avoid scams and safeguard their personal data. Direct mail marketing can be the solution.
The Effects Of Ad Fraud On Marketers And Consumers
Here are some reasons why both advertisers and consumers are skeptical about digital ads:
- A report by the Washington Post found that Russian operatives created thousands of fake Twitter accounts, launched around 3,000 Facebook ads, and spent thousands in Google AdWords in 2016
- A report by Statista estimated that about 59% of the 250+ billion emails sent daily in 2017 were spam
- A report by ANA (Association of National Advertisers) claimed that click fraud scams and fraudulent impressions or bots cost advertisers about $6.5 billion in 2017
Fighting Ad Fraud with Direct Mail Marketing
When you have a valuable product or amazing discounts and need to put the word out without necessarily competing in the same space as scams, look into direct mail marketing.
Direct mail campaigns are a proven medium that allows you to reach approximately 80% of your existing and prospective clients. Since creating a direct mail campaign requires more resources and planning than email, you’re unlikely to find any fake direct mail offers.
Moreover, recipients can trust that the offers are genuine, and the marketers can be sure that the responses will also be high quality leads.
There are many advantages in using direct mail marketing, such as:
- Ability to generate more growth compared to other types of marketing, including digital
- Adds credibility to other forms of marketing, like emails and social media ads, increasing their reach and conversion rate
- It reaches and engages the audience, both alone and in combination with other marketing tactics
A well planned direct mail campaign can achieve a strong response rates, but the impact will be much greater when you follow up with an email or social media ad. Generally, a customer or prospect is more likely to open your email or follow you on social media if you direct them to your online tools via your mail ad.
Interested in adding direct mail marketing to your next campaign? Please call our Toronto mailing house in Scarborough at 1-866-486-0423.
Troi spells success, one letter at a time!
- Direct Mail Campaign
- Direct Mail Flyer
- Direct Mail Marketing
- Direct Mailing
- Direct Marketing
- Drone Delivery
- Email Marketing
- Fulfillment Services
- General Category
- Graphic Design Trends
- Industry & Culture
- Magazine Marketing
- Mail Campaign
- Mailing Service
- Mortgage Companies
- Omnichannel Marketing
- Postcard Marketing
- Presentation Folder
- Print Campaign
- Restaurant Marketing
- Variable Imaging