Posted By Seamus Barton
How Often Should You Send Direct Mail?
The most important aspect of any marketing campaign is proper preparation. A well-thought-out and detailed plan dramatically increases the likelihood of success.
With direct mail marketing, the ROI of your campaign largely depends on getting an effective mailing list, creating a compelling offer, and the delivery date and method used. The right frequency of direct mail can help to sustain customer interest and grow your consumer base.
So, how often should you mail?
Experts argue that you should send different mail pieces as often as you can, provided you maintain consistency and stick to your budget. It could be once a week, fortnight, or month; the important thing is that you check your budget and send the pieces consistently.
The more times you can send mail the better the results. Depending on the kind of response you get, you can gradually increase your direct mailing budget to increase the frequency of your mail.
That said, there are other factors to consider with regard to sending mail pieces:
- Timing This is a critical factor when determining the frequency of your direct mailing campaign. Depending on your industry, you should try to identify when your target audience is most receptive to offers so that your advertisement is both relevant and timely. For instance, most school sessions begin in August. So, it makes sense to start delivering your mail one month before school starts.
- Value Direct mail pieces can be in many different forms, including postcards, forms, product samples, and so on. If your pieces are useful to the audience, then you should send out the mailings more frequently, and provide an incentive, such as an offer, to encourage a timely response. Some informational items such as forms are often sent less frequently as the response is not necessarily favourable.
- Re-mailing It is okay to send direct mail pieces to the same audience, whether they are new prospects or clients. However, timing and value are critical to ensure that your marketing efforts are well received.
To maximize the effect of your direct mailing campaign, even with good marketing frequency, it is important that you follow up and drive your traffic online. Incentivize and encourage your audience to sign up on your website for product updates and offers or to follow you on your social media page. Use appropriate calls to action to direct your traffic online where you can engage with them on a more regular basis.
Interested in adding direct mail marketing to your advertising mix? Please call our Toronto mailing house at 1-866-486-0423. Troi spells success, one letter at a time!
- 3 Ways to Measure the Success of Your Postcard Marketing Campaign
- Direct Mail Copywriting: Crafting Persuasive Messages
- How to Bolster Your Direct Mail Marketing Strategy in 2024
- The Psychology of Print: How Colours and Typography Impact Your Audience
- Postcards vs. Letters: Which One Should You Choose for Your Business?
- Direct Mail Campaign
- Direct Mail Flyer
- Direct Mail Marketing
- Direct Mailing
- Direct Marketing
- Drone Delivery
- Email Marketing
- Fulfillment Services
- General Category
- Graphic Design Trends
- Industry & Culture
- Magazine Marketing
- Mail Campaign
- Mailing Service
- Mortgage Companies
- Omnichannel Marketing
- Postcard Marketing
- Presentation Folder
- Print Campaign
- Restaurant Marketing
- Variable Imaging