Posted By Seamus Barton
5 Tips For Creating Seasonal FlyersFlyers can be used to communicate just about any kind of message, from announcements to invitations to advertisements. When looking to promote a seasonal event, you need reliable flyer distribution services, as well as well designed flyers that will quickly grab the attention of readers and communicate the intended message clearly. You only have a few seconds to draw in the reader and convey the information. Here are some tips to help you achieve this:
- Make the design eye catching Flyers are visual advertisements, so you must make use of attractive images, illustrations, colours, shapes, or layout to make it visible. Only after it draws the reader’s attention can you effectively communicate your message.Any great flyer needs a clear focal point that readers will notice first. Consider adding a relevant image/graphic or a bold headline/promotion that not only draws attention to the flyer, but also suggests the theme/purpose of the flyer and directs readers to the key information.
- Choose the right fonts Most flyer designs use imagery to grab the viewer’s attention and typography to communicate the details. Fonts can give the design a unique mood or look that adds to the overall style and purpose of the message. However, avoid any unusual or overly ornate fonts that detract from the readability of your flyer.
- Choose the right colour combination A splash of colour will not only draw the viewer’s attention, but also engage their emotions and feelings and set the scene for your event. For example, neon colours set against dark backgrounds create an ultra-cool nightlife vibe. Cool colours, such as blue and green, give a sense of calm and nature, while warm colours, such as red and orange, communicate energy, warmth, and excitement. Careful selection of colours can enhance the theme and message of your flyer.
- Use a well-spaced layout A crowded layout can deter people from reading your flyer. Cramming information onto a single page makes it hard for viewers to find relevant information. A well-balanced layout, on the other hand, makes the flyer easy to look at and find specific details. Blank spaces help to direct the eye to different elements on the page. Use flyer templates on your preferred design program to help organize your layout.
- Include a motivating factor Use a motivating factor to strengthen your call to action and encourage the reader to visit a store, subscribe, make a purchase, or perform some other kind of action. Great seasonal motivation factors include gifts, coupons, special presale offers, and discounts, among others.