Posted By Seamus Barton
5 Promotions To Try In Your Next Direct Mail Marketing Campaign
New technologies and design practices continue to transform the marketing industry, which is exciting for marketers tasked with designing direct mail marketing campaigns. It takes a combination of creativity and strategic edge to come up with a winning direct mail strategy.
Direct mail is a unique advertising medium that offers choices in creative formats to help you make a lasting impression. When it comes to mailing promotional items, direct mailing houses do not always require you to put things in an envelope. You could, for instance, mail a bottle with just a shipping address and stamp on it.
There is, indeed, a lot of freedom for direct mail marketers when it comes to making an impression on the target audience. Here are some interesting promotional items to consider for your next campaign:
- Imprinted objects As stated before, direct mailing services sometimes allow you to send out a number of items without a box or package. Simply imprint your logo, brand, and contact information on useful and industry-related items. For instance, a dentist can send a toothbrush, a dry cleaner a lint brush, and any business a pen.
- Microfibre products Households use microfibre items on a nearly daily basis, so sending out a branded microfibre cleaning cloth maximizes the visibility of your brand in the homes that you target.
- Seasonal itemsA typical direct mail marketing campaign takes between 2 and 3 months, from idea creation to sending out the mail. If you intend to use seasonal items, you must move fast so your mail is still relevant when it arrives. For instance, mail that will be sent in the spring could include imprinted seed cards, while mail targeting the holiday period could include gift packaging such as collapsible bows. Sports schedules could also make great gifts for the right audience at the start of a season or before a tournament.
- Calendars If your business offers multiple products or services, you can send your audience a calendar to introduce them to one of your products every month. Studies show that many households have about 4 calendars, each of which is referred to about once a day. This provides year-round exposure of your business to potential clients.
- Product samples It is always a good idea to give your target audience a taste of what you offer. Product samples could be anything from samples of the high-quality materials you use to miniature-size products.
Keep in mind that you are trying to get your target audience to open your mail. The less the recipient knows about you, the more creative your approach needs to be to get them interested enough to open your mail. So don’t be afraid to test new ideas.
Interested in adding direct mail marketing to your advertising mix? Please call our Toronto mailing house at 1-866-486-0423. Troi spells success, one letter at a time!
About: Seamus Barton
Seamus Barton joined Troi Mailing Services in 2014 after graduating from York University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Professional Writing. As a manager of print and direct mail solutions, he sees how words play an important role in personalizing any experience. Seamus’ passion for writing motivates him to provide frequent direct marketing content that supports each Client’s individual needs. Please chat with Seamus about commercial printing and direct mailing campaigns, or about how to marry digital and physical strategies for optimal Smartmail Marketing success.
You can connect with Seamus on LinkedIn or by calling Troi Mailing Services at 1-866-486-0423 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read his latest article featured in Direct Marketing Magazine on “Dimensional Mail: Marketing’s Buffet Lobster“
- Direct Mail Campaign
- Direct Mail Flyer
- Direct Mail Marketing
- Direct Mailing
- Direct Marketing
- Drone Delivery
- Email Marketing
- Fulfillment Services
- General Category
- Graphic Design Trends
- Industry & Culture
- Magazine Marketing
- Mail Campaign
- Mailing Service
- Mortgage Companies
- Omnichannel Marketing
- Postcard Marketing
- Presentation Folder
- Print Campaign
- Restaurant Marketing
- Variable Imaging