Posted By Seamus Barton
Unique and Creative Direct Mail Ideas for Different Marketing Verticals
Direct mail marketing offers a number of merits over other advertising options, including the assurance that your message will reach your prospects, provided you use verified addresses from your list provider.
There are different ways to encourage your prospects to respond to advertising mail depending on the nature of your business. Here are some ideas:
- Window/door replacementYou can ask a question to get your prospects to think about a looming problem and how to best address it using your product or service. For instance, you can pose a question such as “Why replace your windows if they’re not damaged?” and answer it with “To save money!” You can then proceed to explain the energy savings, high efficiency, insulation, and other benefits of new windows. Alternatively, you can include a questionnaire on the postcard.
- Beauty salonConsider sending postcards with pre-punched plucking stencils. While not all recipients do their own eyebrow plucking, the card is still memorable and gives the prospect an opportunity to try out different styles before coming to your salon.
- Dog trainingYou can use edible ink creatively to print a message and your contact information directly on a dog treat that you mail together with the postcard.
- Gardening/landscapingConsider sending your prospects small seed packets with growing guidelines and your contact information. You may want to dispatch the postcards when the climate is favourable for farming.
- OptometryYou can produce branded eye charts and send them together with the postcard, along with guidelines on how your prospects can perform an eye test in the comfort of their home.
- Childcare servicesCreate a unique direct mail piece with useful information on the outside for parents to read and a pop-up piece on the inside for the kids’ entertainment.
- Fitness trainingYou can send out calendars with daily or weekly health and workout tips.
- Event planningPrint your business logo and other information on balloons and send them together with postcards. Whenever your prospects inflate them, they will be reminded of your brand.
- BakeryYour direct mail pieces can consist of branded cupcake wrappers.
- Moving or storage businessYour direct mail piece can be in the form of branded packing tape or some other moving supply.
Lastly, take advantage of the GTA mailing service to create a mailing plan showing where most of your customers reside. Concentrating your direct mail marketing campaign on a specific audience and mailing postcards every 4-5 weeks will save you time and money and increase your ROI.
Interested in adding direct mail marketing to your advertising mix? Please call our Toronto mailing house at 1-866-486-0423. Troi spells success, one letter at a time!”