Troi Mailing Services is fully equipped to process United States mailings. Over the past several weeks, our company has experienced a surge in direct mail quote requests from the States. As the American dollar rises, its purchasing power draws the American marketer’s gaze over the hedge–to check out those Canadian neighbours. Sourcing mail marketing fulfillment in Canada is now more cost-effective than it has been in years.
Canadian printers and direct mailing houses are eager to produce as many print and mail pieces as possible. Regardless of the final destination, our industry can price out any commercial print and direct mail campaign at the best possible rates.
While Troi Mailing Services works closely with Canada Post, we also use the United States Postal Service (USPS) for American deliveries. Our print division, data team and lettershop work together to achieve USPS & NCOA (“National Change of Address”) standards before delivering to our closest USPS outlet. In celebration of what we might call the “States surge,” here are a few Fun Facts about USPS from the postal giant itself:
- Most Common Post Office Names — Clinton is the most common Post Office name with 26 locations. Madison is second with 25. Franklin and Washington are third with 24. Chester and Marion are next with 23 each.
- Most Common City Names — Franklin is the most common city name with 31 locations. Clinton and Washington are second, with 29 each. Arlington is third with 28. Chester, Georgetown, Madison and Salem are next with 27 each.
- Most Common Street Names — the five most common street names in the country are Main, 2nd, Maple, Oak and Park — in that order.
- Longest Main Street — the longest Main Street in America is located in Island Park, ID (83429) — it’s 33 miles long.
- Most Unusual Delivery Method—Mule train delivery in AZ. Each mule carries about 130 pounds of mail, food, supplies and furniture down the 8-mile trail to the Havasupai Indians at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, averaging 4,000 pounds per day.
- Another Unusual Delivery Method — boat delivery on the Detroit River in Michigan. The JW Westcott is a 45-foot contract mail boat out of Detroit that delivers mail to passing ships. The JW Westcott has its own ZIP Code — 48222.
- Another Unusual Delivery Method — dock-to-dock delivery on the Magnolia River in Alabama. A 15-foot contract mail boat delivers to 176 dock-side mailboxes on a 31-mile stretch of the river.
- There are nearly 42,000 ZIP Codes in the country.
- The lowest ZIP Code is 00501, a unique ZIP Code for the Internal Revenue Service in Holtsville, NY.
- The highest ZIP Code is 99950 in Ketchikan, AK.
- The easiest ZIP Code to remember is 12345, a unique ZIP Code for General Electric in Schenectady, NY.
- The longest rural delivery route is in Mangum, OK. The carrier travels 187.6 miles daily and delivers to 240 boxes.
- The shortest rural delivery route is in Carrollton, TX. The carrier travels 1.2 miles daily and delivers to 312 central delivery boxes.
- The Postal Service moves mail using planes, trains, trucks, cars, boats, ferries, helicopters, subways, float planes, hovercraft, mules, bicycles and feet.
- There is an entire publication dedicated to Postal Service history which can be found at about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-history/welcome.htm.
To get your tailored direct marketing quote today, please call our Toronto mailing specialists at 1-866-486-0423. Troi spells success, one letter at a time!